Like a drop of fine extract, to me, quotes are wise thoughts to receive the discipline that gives insight, comfort and advice, powerful enough to lift my spirit. These beautifully expressed wise words fill up the blanks where we struggle to express with words and align our confused mind with the right thought process.
Its profound influence as a wonderful counselor; to scan through and fix our troubled soul and renew ourselves is quite amazing.
When the new dawn awakes, it often comes with rough spots and our quench to hear something positive and practical are way deeper. Its magical power to stick to our heart and entice us to act upon when we direly seek the way to rescue is incredible.
Oftentimes I memorize my favorite quotes and repeat it to help myself and those around me. It’s my pleasure to share some of those beautifully written wise thoughts here as well.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- There is no satisfaction than can compare with looking back across the years and finding you’ve grown in self control, judgement, generosity and unselfishness
- Always continue the climb. It is possible for you to do whatever you choose, if you first get to know who your are and are willing to work with a power that is greater than ourselves to do it.
- Tis easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows along like a song; But the man worthwhile is the one who will smile when everything does dead wrong; For the test of the heart is trouble, and it always comes with the years, But the smile that is worth the praise of earth is the smile that comes through tears… But the virtue that conquers passion and the sorrow that hides in a smile – It is these that are worth the homage of earth, for we find them but once in a while.
- There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Be very careful what you set your heart upon, for you will surely have it.
- Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.
- I do not believe that civilization will be wiped out in a war fought with the atomic bomb. Perhaps two-thirds of the people of the earth will be killed.
- If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
- As you become more clear about who you really are, you’ll be better able to decide what is best for you the first time around.
- Doing the best at this moment put you in the best place for the next moment.
- Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.
- Every time you don’t follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness.
- When I’m trusting and being myself as fully as possible, everything in my life reflects this by falling into place easily, often miraculously.
- When you truly give up trying to be whole through others, you end up receiving what you always wanted from others.
- Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure as long as you have done your best.
- When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.
- It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. It is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving.
- We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.
- When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed-door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
Louisa May Alcott
- Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and the life will become beautiful success.
- We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as longs as we keep believing.
- Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment – Buddha
- Know yourself. Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful – Ann Landers
Favorite Quotes from the Bible
Safeguard practical wisdom and thinking ability, and they will prove to be your soul and charm to your throat. In that case you will walk in security on your way, and even your foot will not strike against anything. Proverbs
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient,
Love is kind,
Love does not insist on its own way.
Love bears all things, believes all things,
Hope all things, and endures all things.
Love never fails
Do not say, I’ll pay you back for this wrong!”
Wait for the Lord, and He will deliver you.
And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another.
Who refreshes others will be refreshed.
In case my own father and my own mother did leave me,
Even my Lord himself would take me up.
Stop judging, and you will by no means be judged,
and stop condemning, and you will by no means be condemned.
Keep on releasing and you’ll be released.
Practice giving and people will give to you.
They will pour into your laps a fine measure pressed down,
shaken together and overflowing.
For what the measure that you are measuring out,
they will measure out to you n return.
Go to the ant; you lazy one,
see its ways and become wise.
Although it has no commander, officer or ruler,
it prepares its food even in the summer;
it has gathered its food supplies even in the harvest.
Remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the power to get wealth.
The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
For his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
Through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
For you are with me
Your rod and your staff,
They comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
In the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
All the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.